Baytree Shopping Centre wanted to organise an event that would get people excited for Valentine’s Day, as well as increase centre footfall and drive more people into the retailers.
The event aimed at encouraging people to visit the centre and participate in the day’s activities. An added footfall driver was the Baytree Shopping Centre Valentine’s Day competition, sponsored by several of the centre’s retailers.
We developed a plan to ensure success:
- A multi-channel marketing plan was implemented including visual and audio advertising
- Multi-facetted social media marketing and advertising, with paid promotion to a carefully targeted social media audience
- Retailer engagement resulting in competition prizes and retailer involvement
- Community engagement, resulting in community partnerships and involvement in the event
- A day of free and fun activities to drive people into the centre
To ensure that the day went off without a hitch, OnBrand was on hand, and made sure that shoppers, their kids and the centre staff had a great day!
- The event resulted in increased competition entries
- Increased the marketing database
- Family involvement in the event
- Positive feedback from retailers
- Improved tenant relationships and engagement
- Advertising resulted in increased anticipation of the event
- Expanded event reach with the balloons travelling down the high street outside the centre
What They Say
“The centre had never hosted a valentine event previously so it was with great excitement when we received Onbrand proposal. This event was a huge success and was supported by a record number of competition entries and an incredible increase of 22,000 in website views
The event also allowed the introduction of the fantastic local theatre school, Razzmatazz.
The event video is a feature page on the centre website and shows the shared values and ethos”
Dan Foley – Manager of Baytree Shopping Centre