Ahead of Valentine’s Day, St George’s Shopping Centre wanted to organise an event that would get people excited for the day of love, as well as increase centre footfall and drive more people into the retailers.
The event needed to be welcoming and help reinforce St. George’s Shopping Centre’s presence and its caring nature to the community, by encouraging people to participate in the day’s activities. Two primary activities were used to help encourage participation, free face painting for the children and roaming Valentine’s Day themed St. George’s selfie frames, linked to a retailer sponsored competition.
We developed a plan to ensure success:
- Retailer engagement and participation with a sponsored competition prize and free gifts on the day
- A day of free and fun activities to drive people into the centre
- Implementation of a multi-channelled marketing strategy
- Radio messaging and advertising to promote the event
- Social media marketing to a carefully targeted audience, including paid advertising
During the day, OnBrand was on hand to ensure everything went smoothly, and that all parties involved, including the staff, retailers and shoppers, had a great day!
- Excellent event engagement from shoppers and people passing on the high street
- Local media coverage
- Great social media engagement before and after the event
- Advertising resulted in increased anticipation by shoppers
- Good tenant involvement
- Increased shopper competition entries for the retailer sponsored Valentine’s Day competition
- Shopper data captured through competition entries, expanding the marketing database
- Family involvement in the event – parents and their kids loved the face painting, and the balloons and chocolates handed out
- Expanded event reach as the balloons and selfie frames travelled up and down the high street outside the centre