Ahead of Christmas and to kick off the festive season, Pavilions Shopping Centre wanted to host a Christmas themed event that would bring the local community together, increase footfall, and drive more people into the retailers over the Christmas period!
To ensure this was an event that would do the centre proud and get people into the festive spirit, it had to be a day that everyone would remember and enjoy.
Numerous exciting and unique activities were planned for the day, to help people enjoy the day’s festivities:
- The Mayor switched on the Christmas lights and opened Santa’s Grotto
- Kids could visit Santa and receive a gift from the man himself
- A giant snow globe where people could have their photo taken
- A surprise performance by local dance troupe
- Roaming entertainment
Our plan for success:
- Designed a successful multi-channelled marketing campaign
- Deployed posters around the centre
- Implemented social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter
- Facebook boosts to carefully targeted audiences
- In-centre radio messaging and newsletter
To help capture the magic of the day, a videographer was onsite during the event, which was later shared to the Pavilions social media channels, generating great interaction with followers.
- A good turnout by the local community
- Good interaction with shoppers on the day
- Community involvement, with the mayor opening the day’s events
- Increase in social media engagement before and after the event
What the client says:
“It was my first Christmas here at The Pavilions Shopping Centre and I thought it was by far the best Christmas/ Grotto opening day I have ever attended. With the Mayor of Broxbourne switching on the Christmas lights, a snow globe that attracted lots of people, lively DJ who played non-stop festive songs all day, entertainment from live performers – Hodman and Sally – and many more activities, it was truly a day to remember. Thank you to the OnBrand team for making this event a success. Looking forward to 2018!”
Gary Cook, Centre Manager & Kelvin Nwadiaro, Operations M