Halloween is becoming increasingly popular in the UK, particularly among children. To feed off that popularity, Pavilions Shopping Centre wanted to organise a community event around Halloween, with the added aim of increasing footfall and driving more people into the retailers.
OnBrand was tasked with organising a Halloween Craft Workshop, where all the craft activities were free. The exciting event was aimed largely at families with younger children. However, we had to find a way to make the event engage and interest adults and teenagers too.
What we did:
- Halloween appropriate music to build the atmosphere
- A flash mob dance to Michael Jackson’s Thriller by local dance troupe
- Kids Halloween inspired arts and crafts workshop
The flash mob was a huge success, drawing in a large crowd who had whipped out their smartphones and were engaging in social media activity.
Our key to success:
- Multi-channelled marketing campaign implemented
- Posters placed around the centre
- Social media posts on Twitter and Facebook
- Carefully targeted Facebook boosts to expand audience reach
- In-centre radio event messaging
On the day, a talented videographer was in-centre to film the day’s events, which was later posted on social media channels to a great reaction from followers!
- Community involvement and engagement
- Good social media interaction around the event
- Social media videos well received post-event
- Good turnout for the event
What the client says:
“Halloween was without doubt the best event we had run so far. Working with OnBrand we delivered Halloween themed crafting sessions for the local children throughout the day, which went down a storm! Alongside this we had a DJ playing spooky music which really helped to set the atmosphere. This was topped off with a surprise Flash Mob from a local dance studio, whose members secretly spread themselves out – throughout the Centre and then, on cue, danced a fantastic routine to Michael Jackson’s Thriller. It really was a terrific, fun filled day, which went without a hitch thanks to the OnBrand team, who helped to plan, coordinate and then deliver on site. I cannot wait for next year!”
Gary Cook, Centre Manager & Kelvin Nwadiaro, Operations Manager – The Pavilions Shopping Centre