The Baytree Shopping Centre asked OnBrand to organise a fun, community focused Easter event that would get young families in Brentwood excited for Easter and all things chocolate!
OnBrand, of course, got egg-cited and set about creating an event that would encourage shopper participation, create a feel-good factor and increase dwell times in the centre, and ongoing loyalty.
Success for the client was delivered by OnBrand through implementing multi-channel marketing promoted by posters, radio advertising and a press release distributed to local media, paired with strong digital marketing.
As with many of our events, retailer engagement was part of the brief, and we set about getting retailers involved in our plans. This led to a bumper Easter hamper competition created with strong support from several retailers, and of course lots of chocolate for our winner!
Key to all our activations is driving traffic to the centre website, where sign up and further loyalty can be acquired resulting in a reduced cost to reach shoppers in further marketing efforts. To drive this, the competition was only available on the Baytree website and marketing via social media brought a spike in web traffic, supported by a geo targeted paid boosted Facebook campaign.
On the day we delivered an Easter Egg hunt that engaged shoppers further, driving them into participating retailer stores where clues (and large print eggs) had been secreted.
For those children a little younger we provided an Easter crafts station for kids to create their own dress up bunny ears, create hampers and decorate eggs.
In engaging the wider local community of Brentwood, the day was supported by Safer Brentwood, a local police partnership initiative. Entertainment was provided by a local youth dance troupe who used the centre as a perfect indoor, dry covered environment to allow their kids the ability to showcase what they do and give them a focal point for the finale of their workshops. Certainly, they kept shoppers very much entertained with their singing and dancing routines.
Lastly, and to ensure a lasting memory and ongoing post event promotion the magic of the day was captured on video.
The day was a triumph, with a number of key wins for the centre, shoppers and OnBrand.
- A fun family day out with craft activities and Easter hunt
- Retailers involved in the day, in online competitions, and shoppers driven into store
- Positive relationship between the centre and its retailers increased
- Local community engagement and partnerships brought into the event
- Increased event anticipation due to the multi-channelled marketing approach
- Happy shoppers and children, resulting in a positive opinion of Baytree Shopping Centre
- The Easter competition garnered record-breaking entries
- Social media channels were popular entry points to the competition entry page, proving the success of accurately targeted marketing