Role: Head of Social Media & Content
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Location: St Albans AL1 3JB
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Head of Social Media & Content based in St Albans. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary based on experience.
The role is to champion creative excellence for both the agency and its clients. Working closely with the Client Servicing and delivery teams you will ensure creative excellence across all accounts, participate in all omni-channel new business pitches, oversee any new client briefs and be accountable for the creative output of the business.
You will also lead on creative innovation and develop new capability for the agency. As a senior leader you will build effective relationships internally and externally and represent the company in client meetings and industry events.
- Core knowledge of multi-channel content strategy with expertise in social media
- Skilled in brand strategy and client management
- Able to deliver unique ideas from concept to roll out
- Able to build rapport and long-term relationships both internally and externally
- Proactive and positive approach
- Direct Pitching Experience; Excellent communication and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients and also explain them to members of the creative team.
- Excellent people skills, able to build rapport and long-term relationships both internally and externally, inspire, manage and motivate others
- Able to represent the company at speaking engagements
- Knowledge of gathering and interpreting social media analytics, making data and learnings easy for the layman to understand
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Time management skills including the ability to handle multiple stakeholders with changing priorities
- Strong, professional written and verbal English communication skills
- Big ambition, to grow within the role and agency.
- Lead the implementation of an integrated creative strategy across all client accounts, ensuring consistency and quality in all output.
- Develop strategic responses to client briefs, outlining the role for content and opportunity to deliver creativity and innovation across the consumer journey.
- Identify opportunities to grow each account, making new creative recommendations to clients.
- Direct and guide the creative process with authority and confidence whilst being collaborative with all levels of creative talent.
- Working alongside Client Servicing, develop a streamlined Creative briefing and review process.
- Work closely with the Paid Media team to understand content performance & optimisation opportunities.
- As the agency grows, oversee the recruitment of Creative, Editorial and Design staff
- Drive creative excellence and strategy across all new business pitches
- Responsible for on-boarding new clients
- Ensure the product and direction for new account wins are as pitched and agreed
- Take ownership of the creative/content response in new business pitches
- Responsible for working up a new pitch deck template in line with the company Editorial Strategy
- Responsible for developing the annual campaign strategy for the company.
- Working with the wider team to plan and execute against a x-channel campaign plan to drive reach and help us establish ourselves as industry leaders.
- Being active on personal LinkedIn Page, championing the work of the company, to drive reach outside of the company owned audience.
- Responsible for being on top of industry trends and innovation; sharing with the team and delivering a monthly blog/LinkedIn article to share thought-leadership with prospect clients
- Responsible for ensuring the company marketing aligns with the agency proposition and content strategy.
About the Company
Our client is a growing marketing agency recently moved to St Albans. Now with trendy, industrial style shop-fronted premises it is growing in its locality and working with more SME businesses and growing brands, diversifying a little from its core base of full-service marketing & events for shopping centres, audio marketing for call centres, and instore radio. Its digital business is rapidly growing since COVID.
- Employee benefits scheme (Perkbox)
- Westfield Primary Healthcare Plan
- Company Pension
- Office Gym
- Weekly office Ocado order
- Casual dress
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience