Senior Social Media Manager
An exciting position has become available for a full time Senior Social Media Manager to join a friendly team based in St Albans.
This is an opportunity to join a successful and growing agency. You will take responsibility for planning and developing the social strategies for client campaigns, manage and advise on paid social media programs and be the social and digital ‘go-to’ person for both clients and the agency team. You will be entrepreneurial with a strong appetite for growth, who can connect social and digital agendas in a credible, relevant, and inspiring way both between agency and client. You will also oversee the agencies own social media channels, strategy, and paid growth.
Due to the current situation, home working will be available as will some flexible working on discussion.
- 3 years of Social Media Management working with brands either client side or agency (REQUIRED)
- Excellent knowledge of social media advertising required
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills – listening, mentoring, explaining difficult concepts in simple language
- Anticipate issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client
- Working knowledge of data/analytics and understand how to apply it to client problem-solving
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done
- Well-organised, methodical, and efficient, with common sense and initiative
- Proactive and able to act with independence and integrity, managing own workload and time effectively to meet deadlines
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and require high level of quality expectation and control
- Flexibility and ability to cope with changing circumstances, diverse workload, and multiple, complex projects at one time
- Strong leadership skills and ability to actively communicate – up, down and around – and understand how it enables the agency team to connect dots to elevate the work
- Comfortable, willing, and proactive to work outside of their specialist areas when necessary
- Passionate about getting others involved, enjoying your role within the agency, and having a laugh along the way
- Proficient in managing social campaigns from concept to completion, including social strategies, planning, managing, and delivering both paid and organic social media campaigns and reporting and ability to analyse results and key learnings
- Thorough practical experience of paid social and online media – especially campaign set-up, targeting and optimisation via Facebook Business Manager & LinkedIn
- Developing monthly content plans for social media and digital channels
- Developing creative content ideas that are strategic and channel relevant, working closely with the team, across strategy and creative to develop ideas
- Where required, management of the content / asset development for social channels. This includes working to develop creative ideas, produce digital assets and guide any Social Media & Content Creation Executives on content development
- Contributing to the management of client budgets
- Ensuring flawless execution on projects you are leading and have the ability to be nimble as needed
- Proven track record in growing social following across all platforms and increasing consumer engagement, achieving, and over delivering against client objectives and KPIs
- Contributing strategy and solutions to new business efforts and proactively introduce new innovative ideas (social and digital) to improve client offering and grow our client’s business
- Producing high quality proposals, pitches, and presentations independently in response to client briefs and objectives
- Being active on LinkedIn, championing our work, to drive reach outside of our owned audience.
- Strong leadership skills, assuming responsibility and ownership for the quality of your team’s work or delivery of projects you’re leading
Company + Benefits
Our client is a growing marketing agency recently moved to St Albans. Now with trendy, industrial style shop-fronted premises it is growing in its locality and working with more SME businesses and growing brands, diversifying a little from its core base of full-service marketing & events for shopping centres, audio marketing for call centres, and instore radio. Its digital business is rapidly growing since COVID.
The successful candidate will receive 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
To apply please send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to [email protected]
*PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*
Please only apply if you have :
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- You live with a commutable distance to St Albans
- You have a demonstrable and proven track record of success