It’s Awards season! Move over BRITs, we’re talking about award entries for business.
If you’ve ever toyed with entering awards, but haven’t quite got yourself motivated, here’s a reminder of why it’s important:
- It raises your brand profile for both potential clients and future employees
- It’s a great way of showcasing your credentials and experience
- It creates a positive talking point and shows your credibility within the sector
So when you’re ready to get going, check out our tips to get your award-winning work noticed by all the right people.
Be prepared ahead of the deadline:
- At least 2 weeks before, go through the entry process and understand what needs to be pulled together. Check if it’s online and in what formats you need to provide your entry
- Assume it will take longer. Read, and re-read the entry form – give yourself time to amend
Present your entry form professionally
- Some awards require unbranded entries, but even so, entry evidence should still be presented professionally with the overall goal to wow the judges
- Consider working with a designer or copywriter to help make your story stand out
Showcase your golden nuggets
- Big numbers will shine out – find them and put them upfront so judges want to find out more
- Keep it simple – if your story is too complex, judges will get bored, so simplify your story
Tell an engaging story
- Judges want to hear a little bit of background, understand the challenge, hear how you resolved it and see amazing results
- Where possible, bring to life results with client or customer testimonials
Keep on entering
- If you don’t get shortlisted or nominated the first time, don’t be disheartened
- Like applying for jobs, you’ll get better at telling your story. The more you enter, the more the chance of winning!